Having used different mixer grinders over the past decade and half at my in-laws, parents and my own home, I can simply vouch for the performance of Sujatha Dynamix mixer grinder. Powered with an 810-Watt motor, Sujatha Dynamix is a highly powerful mixer grinder that has served us pretty well for the past five years.
Except for the breakage of chutney jar, which still did not affect its performance, there have been no complaints so far. I wouldn’t say that I grinded turmeric using it (as shown in many mixie ads) but we use it for grinding softer spices, batter, masala paste etc and it simply is one of the best mixer grinders for Indian cooking.
Now, if you are looking for a mixer grinder that offers superior functionalities, then Preethi Zodiac is a wonderful choice.
In addition to using it as a mixer grinder, you can chop vegetables and knead atta using its Masterchef jar. Moreover, the 3-in-1 insta-fresh juicer jar can be used not only for extracting juice, but also for making fresh coconut milk and extracting tamarind juice.
Now, let us get on to the important aspects to look in to while buying a mixer grinder as well as check the best mixer grinders in India.
Table of Contents
- How To Choose A Mixer Grinder
- Number of Jars-
- Safety Features
- Best Mixer Grinders In India
- Sujatha Dynamix 810-Watt Mixer Grinder
- Preethi Zodiac MG218 750-watt Mixer Grinder
- Panasonic MX-AC400 550-Watt Mixer Grinder
- Bosch Truemixx Pro Mixer Grinder 1000 Watt
- Preethi Blue Leaf Diamond 750-Watt Mixer Grinder
- Philips Viva Collection HL7701/00 750-Watt Mixer
- Preethi Steel Supreme MG-208 750-Watt Mixer Grinder
- Havells Maxx Grind Mixer Grinder
- Bajaj Rex 500-Watt Mixer Grinder
- Bajaj Twister 750-Watt Mixer Grinder
- Orient Electric Kitchen Kraft Mixer Grinder
How To Choose A Mixer Grinder
Choosing a mixer grinder is a fairly easy process. There are just a few basic factors that have to be considered namely-
Power shown in watts represents the motor’s capacity in grinding and mincing. Almost always, higher means better.
In India, we mostly see mixer grinders with 550 Watt and 750 Watt. While 550-Watt mixer grinders are pretty good, if your family often uses mixer grinder for grinding spices, making batter and is in to South Indian cooking, then, we would recommend that you buy 750 Watt mixer grinder.
Note- Recently Panasonic and Bosch have introduced mixer grinders with 1000 watt motor. They have been receiving rave reviews from users as well as critics.
Number of Jars-
Most of the mixer grinders in India have three jars— the smallest one being for for chutney, the medium sized one for grinding coconut and other pastes for curries and the largest one for juices or for grinding batter. This is sufficient for families with 4-5 members.
But if you are looking for more functionalities like chopping, kneading and a separate juicer, then you could opt for models like Preethi Zodiac and Panasonic AC400.
Fortunately, most of the reputed Indian brands of mixer grinders have basic safety features. Decades back, we used to read about incidents of mixer grinders exploding, but such incidents are rare or close to non-existent these days. That being said, ensure that the mixer grinder you choose has shockproof ABS plastic body and protection from voltage fluctuations and overloading.
It needs to be especially mentioned that in terms of safety, Panasonic AC400 is among the best in class. In addition to above-mentioned features, it also has a double locking mechanism meaning the jar as well as the lid has safety locking mechanism. So the mixer grinder will not start functioning unless the jar as well as the lid is properly locked.
Other than dry and wet grinding, mixers these days come up with features that helps extract juice, knead dough, chop vegetables like onion, garlic and mince meat—basically act as food processors.
But quality wise, most of the food processors aren’t really up to the mark.
Preethi Zodiac however seems to be an exception as its kneading and chopping functionalities work pretty well in the long run. Most of mixer grinders emit a burning smell on first use due to heating of motor varnish. This usually disappears in subsequent uses and needn’t be considered as a complaint unless it recurs.
Also check our list of best refrigerators In India
Now, let us get on to the list of best mixer grinders in India
Best Mixer Grinders In India
Sujatha Dynamix 810-Watt Mixer Grinder
Find latest priceMy mother-in-law gifted me this mixer grinder when we moved to our new home. Honestly, I was skeptic in the beginning, as I had never heard of the brand before. But when I started using it, all the skepticism simply vanished.
I had used Panasonic mixer grinder earlier and comparatively, Sujatha has far superior grinding capability. Its motor is pretty powerful and blades are quite sharp.
After using it for about three years, the plastic body of the chutney jar cracked. Even so, it did not affect the performance. Though I bought a replacement jar, I still use the old cracked jar as it works fine.
Powered with 810-Watt motor with double ball bearings, the mixer grinder is low maintenance and runs without any major complaints for years.
The motor is capable of running non-stop for up to 90 minutes—making it the preferred juicer and mixer grinder in juice bars and small restaurants.
The blades are made of stainless steel and the mixer itself is vibration free and shock proof.
The smaller stainless steel jars can be used for dry grinding and chutney making, while the dome jar is suitable for wet grinding idili and dosa batter.
In case you need extra jar, you can buy it online too.
Now, taking about the negatives, a complaint that can be seen in some of the online reviews is that the jar blades become a little blunt after a while. However, I personally haven’t found any such problem.
It is also seen that the jars spill if it is overloaded. This is mainly seen in their newer model dry grinding jar with plastic lid. Tip- Grind some rock salt in the mixer grinder every month to keep the jar blades sharp and clean. Overall rating: 4.6/5 based on 107 customer reviews. Find latest price ( Amazon) Find latest price (Flipkart)
- Preethi Zodiac MG218 750-watt Mixer Grinder Find latest price Featuring five jars including 3 in 1 insta juicer and food processing jar, Preethi Zodiac is not just a mixer grinder, but, a complete food processor with which you can knead dough and chop veggies. The 3-in-1 insta juicer can be used to make juice from fresh fruits, extract tamarind essence and coconut milk as well as be used as a blender to make shakes and lassi. Using the master chef jar with 2.1 litre capacity, you can knead chapatti dough and chop vegetableseasily. It can also be used as citrus presser, for grating, slicing and mincing meat. But a point to be noted is that unlike usual food processors, you have to manually change the blades of the master chef jar for different functions. These blades are as sharp high quality knife as and require special care while changing. Thanks to the three-legged anti-skid base, the mixer grinder doesn’t move or vibrate even when it does heavy duty grinding. The system also has an overload indicator that glows orange when the jars are overloaded. In terms of safety, Preethi Zodiac, in addition to overload protection system, also features circuit breaker, insulated power cord and separate earth wire. Overall rating: 4/5 based on 442 customer reviews. Find latest price ( Amazon) Find latest price (Flipkart)
- Panasonic MX-AC400 550-Watt Mixer Grinder Find latest price The highlight of this mixer grinder is its double lock mechanism, whereby the machine starts working only if the jar as well as lid is correctly locked. Thanks to the suction pad, the mixer doesn’t move even during heavy grinding. The mixer also has a circuit breaker that prevents the motor from burning in case of overload. In addition to 200 ml chutney jar and two larger stainless size jars (the dry jar having 500 ml capacity and wet jar having 300 ml capacity), it also comes with a transparent polycarbonate juicer jar with excellent quality nano-sieve that collects fruit/vegetable pulp filtering the juice perfectly. While most of the mixers have rotary button, Panasonic has push buttons for different speeds. Talking about the efficiency at grinding, though the grinder’s motors aren’t as powerful as Sujatha, Panasonic makes up for it using samurai edge blades that ensure high performance and durability. Another advantage is that the blades can be easily removed thus helping in thorough cleaning of the jars. Overall, it is a fairly powerful mixer grinder. My sister-in-law has been using Panasonic’s similar older model for the past seven years. It had to be serviced once due to a problem with the lock, but otherwise, it has worked above satisfaction. If you would like to have this mixer grinder with a more powerful motor, then you can take a look at the newer 1000 watt motor powered version available at similar pricing. Few users are found to have difficulty in understanding how the locking mechanism works. If in case you have such difficulty, then the below video would be helpful. Watch from 2.30 minutes on. Overall rating: 4.2/5 based on 464 customer reviews. Find latest price ( Amazon) Find latest price (Flipkart)
Bosch Truemixx Pro Mixer Grinder 1000 Watt
Find latest priceBosch recently entered in to the mixer grinder segment with a range of products with motor power ranging from 500 to 1000 watts.
The Truemix 1000 Watt Mixer Grinder which is one of the most powerful mixer grinders from Bosch has been garnering rave reviews.
The mixer grinder comprises 4 jars.
The largest plastic blender jar has 1500 ml capacity and can be used for making juice, smoothies and also for coconut milk extraction. Note however that the fruits have to be cut to small pieces in order to extract juice efficiently.
The wet grinding jar is of similar capacity. In addition to grinding masala paste, it can be used for making idili and dosa batter too. Bosch states that the patented flow breaker in the wet grinding jar ensures even grinding and better aeration, resulting in fluffier batter. So, if you invest in this Bosch Truemixx, you needn’t buy an additional wet grinder. Next, you have a dry grinding jar of 1000 ml capacity. The unique feature of this jar is the blunt pounding blade. Bosch claims that the spices ground with this jar retains the unique flavor and aroma that you typically get from using traditional mortar and pestle. Most of the user reviews agree with it. Users were able to make fine powders from spices like pepper, coriander, turmeric etc. easily.
Finally, you have a 400ml chutney jar sufficient for 4-5 member family. Blades as the body of the jars are made of high quality stainless steel. All jars have nylon lid locks that ensures hands free operation. Bosch advises in order to ensure a longer life, clean the jars immediately after every use and keep it upside down for drying.
The housing which is made of high quality ABS plastic should never be be cleaned in running water, but rather be wiped with damp clothes. Even though Bosch Truemixx is expensive, user ratings are quite positive assuring you that it is a value for money product. Except for occasional reports of damage during transit and some finding it a tad noisy, there are hardly any complaints about the performance. Find latest price ( Amazon) Find latest price (Flipkart)
- Preethi Blue Leaf Diamond 750-Watt Mixer Grinder Find latest price Blue Leaf Diamond is one of the budget friendly mixer grinders from Preethi that doesn’t quite compromise on quality and performance. With jars and blades made from 100% stainless steel, this mixer grinder comes with 750-watt motor that helps grind masala, spices and batter with ease. The jars feature flexi lid, which is interchangeable, helping you convert a 1.5 litre jar to 1 litre capacity. Safety wise, the jar has ABS plastic body and the device features heat sensitive cut-off, which protects itself against voltage fluctuations and overload. Though you cannot really expect the grinding efficiency and finesse of Sujatha or Panasonic, it still does a fairly decent job. A drawback stated frequently in the reviews is that it is a bit noisy compared to other 750-watt mixer grinders. Overall rating: 3.9/5 based on 407 customer reviews. Find latest price ( Amazon) Find latest price (Flipkart)
Philips Viva Collection HL7701/00 750-Watt Mixer
Find latest price ( Amazon)With 750 watt motor, strong body and jars, this mixer grinder is apt for those who are in to moderately heavy duty grinding. The unit comes with 4 jars, namely a 0.5 litre chutney jar, a 1 litre medium sized jar, 1.75 litre wet jar and a 1.5 litre pulp extractor.
The housing is fairly compact and the suction is also strong enough that it doesn’t move when grinding. However, as the jars don’t have lid lock, you will have to keep your hand on top of the lid.
The noise is fairly loud. But that is something you need to expect out of a 750 watt mixer grinder.
- Preethi Steel Supreme MG-208 750-Watt Mixer Grinder Find latest price ( Amazon)Preethi, as you know is a reliable name in the mixer grinder niche. With superior grinding performance, strong blades, jars and housing, the Preethi Steel Supreme is one of the best picks for a 4-5 member Indian family. The mixer grinder comes with 750 watt motor and has 4 jars namely, 1.5 litre Jar, 1 litre Jar, 1.5 litre Super Extractor Jar and 0.5 Litre Chutney Jar. A distinguishing feature is the presence of vents underneath the housing which avoids the unit getting heated up. This not only prevents food content inside jar from overheating, but also ensures better durability of the motor. Though the unit is made of steel, it is insulated in such a way to make it shock resistant. Overall, users are quite satisfied with the performance of the unit.
Havells Maxx Grind Mixer Grinder
Find latest priceThe first thing you notice about the Havells Maxx Mixer Grinder is its stunning color. If you are looking for a moderately priced, fairly good built mixer grinder, then this Havells Maxx with 750 watt motor will suffice your needs.
The mixer grinder comes with 3 jars.
A 1.5 litre blending jar for making juices and smoothies; a 1 litre wet cum dry grinding jar and a 500 ml chutney jar. The jars are moderately well built with stainless steel body and plastic see-through lids.
The jars are made of stainless steel and have ergonomic handles, making it pretty easy to handle. The housing too has anti-skid base. Other than that, the mixer grinder doesn’t have any advanced safety features like Panasonic. Many users have expressed skepticism about durability of the lid and the rubber beading.
Even so, the features and performance is in line with the pricing, making it an overall good buy. Find latest price ( Amazon) Find latest price (Flipkart)
- Bajaj Rex 500-Watt Mixer Grinder Find latest price Bajaj Rex is one of the economical mixer grinders available in the market. The mixer grinder comprises 1.25 litre wet grinding jar, 0.88 litre wet and dry jar and 300 ml chutney jar. The multi-function stainless steel blade system and strong motor helps achieve RPM of 18000, which grinds all types of food easily. Talking about negatives, over a period of time, the blades lose its sharpness. It is also found to be pretty noisy for a 500-Watt mixer grinder. Its wire is also found to be just 1-metre long. So, close access to the power socket is necessary. Though it has a few negatives, considering its price tag, it is overall a value for money product. Overall rating: 3.8/5 based on 2937 customer reviews. Find latest price ( Amazon) Find latest price (Flipkart)
- Bajaj Twister 750-Watt Mixer Grinder Find latest price Bajaj Twister powered by 750-Watt mixer grinder comes with 3 jars with capacity 1.5 litre, 1 litre and 0.3 litres used for liquidizing, dry/wet grinding and chutney grinding respectively. The dry/wet grinding jar and liquidizer has lids with locks, making it leak proof. Safety wise, it comes with anti-skid base and overload protector. A negative however is that the motor is a bit noisy and the jars get overheated too. Overall rating: 3.8/5 based on 224 customer reviews. Find latest price ( Amazon) Find latest price (Flipkart)
Orient Electric Kitchen Kraft Mixer Grinder
Find latest priceThis again is an option that is quite budget-friendly like the two former in the list. With 500 watt motor, stainless steel jars and nickel blade, the mixer grinder is sufficient for light grinding.
The jars are moderately thick and have ergonomic handles for ease of use.
As it has just 500 watt motor, you can’t really make idili batter or grind hard spices like turmeric with it.
Overall, it is suitable for those who indulge in light cooking requiring minimal grinding.