A washing machine is a long-term investment for every Indian home.
That is why, in this article, we not only bring to you the best washing machine segregated by fully automatic, semi-automatic, front load and top load, but also discusses about major factors to be considered while buying a washing machine.
If you are short on time to read the complete article, then let’s get briefly to the point. OUR RECOMMENDATIONS If you are looking for a front load washing machine, then we would highly recommend LG 6 Kg Front Load Washing Machine FH0FANDNL02 with LED touch panel, 1000 RPM cycle and 13 wash programs. High in performance, highly durable, least complaining and of course, with superb after sale service, the machine is a delight. If you need higher capacity, then you can opt for the LG 7 Kg FH0H3QDNL02 front loading washing machine. Now, if you would like to have better wash programs like steam care for better hygiene; allergy care to completely eliminate detergent residues and other allergens; stain care for tough stains ( especially if you have school going kids); and if you are quite a techy who would like to download customized wash programs using the LG SmartThinQ app, then you could opt for LG FHT1006SNW.ABWPEIL 6 Kg Front Load Washing Machine. The higher capacity versions are: LG 6.5 kg Inverter Front Loading Washing Machine (FHT1065SNL.ALSPEIL),LG 7 kg Front Loading Washing Machine (FHT1007SNL.ALSPEIL), LG 8 Kg FHT1208SWL.ALSPEIL Front Loading Washing Machine LG 9 Kg FHT1409SWS Front Loading Washing Machine. After LG, our top recommendation is for the Bosch 7 Kg WAK24264IN Front Loading Washing Machine. Its older version Bosch WAK24268IN too is an absolutely wonderful option. With wash programs like Saree customized for the Indian demographic; options for conserving water and electricity through Speed perfect and eco perfect options, 15 wash programs and a maximum RPM of 1200 cycles, this washing machine is perfect for any 4-5 member family. Owing to the high performance and durability of Bosch and LG, they fare top in our list of best front loading washing machines in India. Now, if you are looking for a top loading washing machine, then Haier 5.8 kg HWM58-020 washing machine is a good budget-friendly choice. It offers pretty good features at a very affordable price. Noteworthy features include multiple wash programs, 30 minutes to 24 hours timer delay, advanced lint filter and double level spin tub to clean fabrics minimizing abrasions. If you are looking for better features and wash quality, you could also consider LG T7281NDDLG/ T7288NDDLG/GD top load washing machine for a higher price or check out our list of best top loading washing machines to find more options to consider. Now that we have talked about our top recommendations, let us now take a look at other best options available in India. We also delve in to important factors to consider while buying a washing machine in our buyers’ guide. So, read on… Is your mind boggled by the numerous jargons you encounter while buying a washing machine, check out our Ultimate Washing Machine Glossary to find explanation to these jargons.
Table of Contents
- Best Washing machine in India
- Bosch Fully Automatic Front Load Washing Machine Model: WAK24264IN (7 kg)
- IFB 6.5 Kg Fully Automatic Front Load Washing Machine Senorita Aqua SX
- LG FH0H3NDNL02 6 Kg Front Load Washing Machine
- Haier 5.8 Kg Fully Automatic Top Loading Washing Machine Model: HWM58-020 ( white)
- LG 6.2 kg Fully-Automatic Top Loading Washing Machine (T7281NDDLG/ T7288NDDLG/GD, Middle Free Silver)
- Bosch 6.5Kg Fully Automatic Top Loading Washing Machine ( WOE654W0IN)
- Samsung 6.2 Kg Fully Automatic Top Loading Washing Machine WA62M4100HY/TL
- Whirlpool 6 kg Semi-Automatic Washing machine Model: Superb Atom 60I
- LG P7550R3FA 6.5 Kg Semi-Automatic Washing Machine
- Samsung 7.2 kg Semi-Automatic Top Loading Washing Machine (WT725QPNDMP)
- How To Choose A Washing Machine?
- Front Load Or Top Load?
- Automatic or Semi-Automatic
- Temperature Setting
- Wash Programs
Best Washing machine in India
Bosch Fully Automatic Front Load Washing Machine Model: WAK24264IN (7 kg)
Find latest price
The WAK24264IN model washing machine is more or less a replacement to Bosch’s older model WAK24168IN which had highly positive reviews from users. The good news is that the features and functions remain more or less the same.
With7 kg capacity and max. RPM of 1200, WAK24264IN has advanced features specifically designed keeping Indian customers in mind. The major positive is that it has a variety of wash programs, flexibility in controlling temperature setting of each wash program and features like re-load function, anti-vibration design and monsoon program. The areas where WAK24264IN lacks is mainly that the temperature can be set from cold to up to 60 degree Celsius, which is fairly good. But in LG and IFB, temperature can be cranked up to 95 degree Celsius for cotton and baby care segment. Also, the inlet pipe that comes with the machine is just 1 metre long. So, if at your home, the tap is not really close to the washing machine, you may have to spend extra for a longer inlet pipe. There are few complaints about delays in installation as well as rude behaviour of technicians as well. So, be prepared! Now, let us get on to the features of the washing machine that really makes it a Wow! Machine. Bosch WAK2624 has a number of wash programs making it suitable for every need. In addition to regular programs like Wool, Silk, Daily Wash and Synthetics, it has kids wear and super clean programsfor cleaning heavily soiled clothes without damaging the fabrics and Super 15/30 for quick wash within 15 and 30 minutes respectively. The Allergy Plus setting helps to keep the fabrics completely free off detergent residues. Thanks to these features, Bosch Washing Machines are certified by European Centre For Allergy Research Foundation (ECARF) If you live in an area with heavy monsoon, you will find the Monsoon program especially useful. With this setting, you can remove the odour of damp clothes and reduce drying period by up to 10%. Using the reload function, you can add or remove clothing even after a wash cycle has begun. This feature overcomes one of the major drawbacks of front-load washing machines. Please do note that, though Bosch claims its front load washing machine works with low water pressure of 0.3 bar, many reviews say that a minimum water flow rate of 7-9 litre per minute is required for proper functioning of the washing machine. Other features include-
- Active Water, which optimizes water consumption and cleans the wash drum with hot water to remove detergent residue and bacteria;
- Anti-vibration Design that reduces vibration and noise;
- Speed Perfect, which reduces wash time by up to 65%;
- Time delay, that helps you delay wash cycle from 1 to 24 hours—a feature especially useful for home with working husband and wife;
- VoltCheck, which resumes wash cycle from where it has left in case of power failure;
- WaterPlus, which increases water flow to completely rinse off detergents from clothes—useful for homes that have soft water.
IFB 6.5 Kg Fully Automatic Front Load Washing Machine Senorita Aqua SX
Find latest price
The Senorita Aqua SX model washing machine from IFB has 6.5 kg wash capacity, maximum RPM of 1000and comes with around 100 wash programs making it suitable for washing literally any type of clothing.
It has many advanced features like 3D washing system that creates a 360-degree current in the drum, thus completely dissolving detergents while washing and drawing out all residues while rinsing.
Another useful feature is theAqua-energie filter that reduces hardness of water, with a capacity to handle water with up to 250 TDS (Total dissolved salts) This not only reduces detergent consumption, but also prevents scaling on drum and improves wash quality as well.
The temperature can be set from cold to up to 95 degree Celsius, making it suitable for washing soiled baby clothes and maintaining hygiene and cleanliness of bed sheets and bath towels. The other wash programs include Synthetic, Express 15, Baby Wear, Wool, Mixed Fabric, Cradle Wash for delicate fabrics), and a special cotton program with settings for lightly soiled fabrics, whites and heavily soiled fabrics.
It also has laundry add feature that lets you add clothes mid-cycle; auto-imbalance system that redistributes wash load weight in the drum; foam control system and protective mesh.
Other features include
Time delay,which can be set from 30 minutes up to 24 hours;
Express 15,for quick wash within 15 minutes;
Now, talking about the downsides of IFB Senorita Aqua, the main complaint observed is the delay in installation.
Next, IFB has belt drive technology and not direct drive technology like LG. Direct Drive technology is supposed to be superior as it means lesser parts and hence, lesser noise, vibration, wear and tear. Though experts still have not made a conclusive statement on it. The Aqua Senorita VX model has the same functionality as that of Aqua Senorita SX model. The only difference is in its appearance. SX, which comes in silver looks a lot more polished and refined compared to VX, which comes in white colour. If you value features and don’t really mind about appearance, then, by all means opt for Aqua Senorita VX model which will help you save about Rs. 2500. Overall Rating: 4/5 based on 316 customer reviews. Though Bosch WAK24268In and IFB Senorita Aqua have comparable features, the reason why we recommend Bosch is because it has a few useful features that IFB doesn’t have, namely, wash programs like saree, monsoon and allergy plus. Bosch also has settings like Active Water to reduce water consumption and Speed Perfect to reduce wash time. However, if you get hard water supply at your home, then opt for IFB itself. Find latest price ( Amazon)
LG FH0H3NDNL02 6 Kg Front Load Washing Machine
Find latest price
Even though LG washing machines do not have many bells and whistles like Bosch and IFB, it one of thebest selling front load washing machines in India and is considered as a reliable appliance that performs well with all necessary wash functions.
With 6 kg capacity, it has a maximum RPM of 1000 cycles and temperature range from cold up to 95 degree Celsius. The body is made from high quality plastic which is supposed to be rust resistant. This newer version also comes with a touch panel display that gives it a modern look and makes it easier to change settings. The wash settings include baby care, skin care(which completely removes detergent residues), duvet, easy care, mix, cotton eco, cotton, sports wear, delicate, wool, intensive 60 and quick 30. It also has medic rinse, Intensive and Crease care options. The baby care setting is found to be especially useful for cleaning heavily soiled baby clothes and even remove poop and pee stains. However, if you are someone who is always in a hurry, then you may not be quite happy with LG as theirfastest wash cycle lasts 30 minutes while Bosch and IFB has quicker wash cycle of just 15 minutes. In addition to featuring inverter Direct Drive, which reduces energy consumption, noise and vibrationand improves wash quality, LG also features 6 Motion Direct Drive, which helps clean clothes without damaging it. The 6 motions consist of stepping, filtration, scrubbing, tumble, rolling and swinging. Another noteworthy feature of LG washing machine is the smart diagnosis system whereby technical problem can be troubleshot by calling LG customer care helpline and placing the phone on the appliance. The washing machine communicates with the computer and helps provide steps for resolution in no time. The main downside to LG washing machine is that when you buy online, you will have to spend about Rs. 450 plus taxes for installation. The inlet pipe is just 1 metre long and so, most probably, you may have to buy a longer pipe if the pipe is far away from the washing machine.
For in-depth review and details on more options from LG, check out our article on LG Washing Machine reviews. Overall Rating: 4.1/5 based on 163 customer reviews. Find latest price ( Amazon)
Haier 5.8 Kg Fully Automatic Top Loading Washing Machine Model: HWM58-020 ( white)
Find latest price
Haier HWM58-020 is one of the best selling washing machines in India, which is suitable for bachelors and families with 2-3 members.
Featuring rust-free plastic body, maximum RPM of 1000 cycles, digital display of remaining time, this washing machine uses quadra flow system that create multi-directional water flow to clean clothes efficiently.
The machine has memory function which resumes from where it has left in case of power failure; delay timer from 30 minutes to 24 hours, child lock and double level spin tub to reduce abrasion of fabrics. It also has two lint filters, thus helping improve the fabric quality after wash.
The wash programs include cotton, synthetics, mix, eco, prewash, quick wash and daily wash. All wash cycles can be completed in less than an hour.
As the inlet pipe consist of a detachable hose and a pipe, you can remove the pipe and connect is as and when you need. So, you don’t have to keep it permanently attached like a front load washing machine. Now, there are a few features it lacks. First of all, it doesn’t have temperature settings. Rather, it has a hot water inlet, which you can attach to a tap that gives hot water.
It doesn’t have a softener dispenser. So, you will have to add the softener manually when the last rinse cycle is done. You also have to ensure that the outlet pipe is below the level of washing machine, as it doesn’t have any motor to pump out the waste water. But given the low price tag, you can’t really complain about these minor flaws. A common remark that can be seen online is the delay in installation. There are also a few remarks about the seller delivering used/ returned products. Overall rating: 4.1/5 based on 697 customer reviews. Find latest price ( Amazon) Find latest price (Flipkart)
- LG 6.2 kg Fully-Automatic Top Loading Washing Machine (T7281NDDLG/ T7288NDDLG/GD, Middle Free Silver) Find latest price With 6.2 Kg capacity, maximum RPM of 700 cycles, multiple wash programs and smart inverter motor, the LG T7281NDDLG/ T7288NDDLG/GD top load washing machine is an ideal option for a small family with less than 3-4 members. Just like LG’s front load washing machine, LG T7281NDDLG/ T7288NDDLG/GD top loader too employs smart inverter motor, which is a belt-less technology that is highly durable, and low on vibration and noise. The turbo drum with strong water stream and pulsator also helps remove tough stains and enhance wash quality. The motor is also protected with a casing to prevent corrosion, humidity, dust and insects. The washing machine has 6 water levels, the soak time can be set from 3 to 25 minutes and the wash programs include normal, gentle, quick wash, strong, aqua reserve, favorite and tub clean. The user reviews are fairly positive. The majority are happy with the wash quality, which is pretty good considering it is a top load washing machine. Many are of the opinion that the “Normal” wash program is sufficient for daily wears and that gentle wash is not quite good enough for removing dirt and stains. As the washing machine has a maximum RPM of about just 700 cycles, clothes don’t come off as dry as other top load washing machines that are capable of 1000 RPM spin speed. The washing machine doesn’t have inbuilt heater or additional inlet pipe for hot water too. So, unless you connect to external geyser, you can’t wash clothes in hot water. Unlike other brands, installation is fairly prompt for LG in most cities, which is a huge positive. Overall, the washing machine is a pretty good buy with decent options for a small family. Find latest price ( Amazon)
- Bosch 6.5Kg Fully Automatic Top Loading Washing Machine ( WOE654W0IN) Find latest price Bosch WOE654W0IN top loading washing machine with 680 RPM and 9 wash programs is a pretty good choice for a small family with 3-4 members. The washing machine employs unique power wash, intelligent wave drum movement and dynamic water flow to remove tough stains with minimal fabric damage. There are 9 wash programs, namely daily wash, delicates, jeans, refresh, intensive, quick wash, bed sheets and drum drying. The water level can be set to 8 levels and there are also options for time delay and rinse hold. To further customize wash program, it also has speed perfect function to reduce wash time by 20%. The user-friendliness is enhanced through the employment of magic filter to collect lint and dual dispenser for liquid and powdered detergent. The door is made of toughened glass that can withstand weight and softened closing ensures its durability too. As the machine has memory function, it resumes wash cycle mid-way even in case of power failure. Talking about the performance, the wash quality is good. However, as with most washing machines, if you have tough stains or to clean collars, you will have to do a spot cleaning. The washing machine runs fairly silent and with minimal vibration even while spinning at maximum speed. On the flip side, the clothes are not quite dry as maximum spin speed is just 680 RPM. Also, there is no in-built heater or additional inlet pipe for hot water. That being said, given the price, the washing machine offers absolute value for money and is quite a good buy. Find latest price ( Amazon)
Samsung 6.2 Kg Fully Automatic Top Loading Washing Machine WA62M4100HY/TL
Find latest price
With 6.2 kg capacity and maximum of 700 RPM, this top load washing machine from Samsung is one of the best sellers in India. It features a built-in sink in which a stream of water flows at the push of a button for pre-treating heavily soiled clothes.
The pulsator technology has 6 blades, which creates a strong stream of water to remove dirt. It has five water level settings and six wash cycles namely normal, quick wash, delicates, blankets, jeans, soak+ normal.
The washing machine also has a slot for pouring detergent and softener. On the downside, it doesn’t have temperature settings or safety lock. But when you consider the price, the positive far outweigh the negatives. If you need a fully automatic top load machines with features better than Haier, then Samsung WA62M4100HT/TL is definitely the best choice. Overall rating: 4.5/5 based on 48 customer reviews. Find latest price ( Amazon) Find latest price (Flipkart)
Whirlpool 6 kg Semi-Automatic Washing machine Model: Superb Atom 60I
Find latest price
Featuring 3 wash programs (heavy, normal and delicate), a smart scrub station for pre-treating stained clothes, a large wash tub of 66 litres, multi-utility tray and a powerful impeller for quick cleaning, Whirlpool 6 kg Semi-automatic washing machine is a fairly decent machine that you can get within a budget.
Unlike Hyundai, it doesn’t have an auto-soak feature, so you might have to pre-soak for required time before you put the clothes for washing. The complete wash cycle is completed in about 30-40 minutes. One thing you have to take care is to load the washed clothes to the dryer properly because if the weight is unevenly distributed, the dryer may not work effectively.
On the positive side, the machine has two-inlet pipe, so you can add hot and cold water as per requirement. Overall, it is a budget-friendly choice for bachelors and small families. Overall Rating: 4/5 based on 51 customer reviews. Find latest price ( Amazon) Find latest price (Flipkart)
- LG P7550R3FA 6.5 Kg Semi-Automatic Washing Machine Find latest price Out of the semi-automatic washing machines, LGP7550R3FA is a pretty good option for bachelors or small family with 2-4 members. The washing machine is made of plastic body and has roller pulsator and collar scrubber that causes sufficient friction to clean collars and remove stains. However, the efficiency of these features are not as superior as one may expect. There are 3 basic wash programs, namely, gentle, normal and strong. The spin shower feature cleans left over detergent residue from the drum to enhance life of drum. Overall, the wash quality is good for a semi-automatic washing machine. On the flip side, as with most semi-automatic washing machines, the vibration while spinning is high.Also, it doesn’t have a detergent box, though it may not be a deal breaker for most. The washing machine overall is a good deal with sufficient features and a budget-friendly price tag. The washing machine is available in different capacities from 6.5Kg to 9.5 Kg. You can check them out here. Find latest price ( Amazon)
- Samsung 7.2 kg Semi-Automatic Top Loading Washing Machine (WT725QPNDMP) Find latest price With 7.2 Kg capacity, maximum RPM of 1000 cycles and three basic wash programs, namely, normal, delicate and intensive, this washing machine is a budget-friendly choice for bachelors or for 3-4 member family that doesn’t have intensive laundry requirements. The washing machine employs Center Jet which injects strong water sprays from the central pulsator to improve washing effectiveness. The air turbo drying system takes in water from two inlets for better drying. As there are special scrub boards, the clothes are cleaned fairly thoroughly. In addition, the lint filter collects loose threads and lint to improve washing efficiency and prevent any blocks in the pipes. With fairly good wash quality and an efficient drying system, the washing machine is highly rated as a good budget-friendly semi-automatic washing machine.
Find latest price ( Amazon)
How To Choose A Washing Machine?
Let us now discuss about the most important factors that you have to consider while buying a washing machine. If it has been a while since you last bought a washing machine, then we highly recommend that you read this, as newer technologies and features are being incorporated in to home appliances every year.
Perhaps the first and foremost important factor that you have to consider while buying a washing machine is its capacity. The below image will help you make a decision about what capacity your washing machine ought to have.
Front Load Or Top Load?
If you are on a tight budget, then a top load model would be a better choice. Most of the models are available in the range of Rs. 7-17k. The advantages of top load models are that you can add clothes mid-way of a wash cycle, ergonomically friendly (especially useful if you have trouble bending down and picking up things) and of course its budget friendly too.
On the downside, the top load models consume lot of water, power, doesn’t clean as well as a front load machine and has lesser features and wash programs compared to front load washing machines.
Front load machines are comparatively expensive, but are very efficient, consumes lesser water, power and cleans clothes much better. They also have far more features, wash programs and are generally less noisy too.
You might have heard that a major disadvantage of front load machines is that you cannot add clothes mid-way of a cycle. But manufacturers like Bosch, Samsung and IFB have now come up with advanced features that allow adding clothes mid-way of a wash cycle. It has to be noted that front load washing machines need a water pressure of 1 bar, meaning the water supply tank should be placed at least 16.5 feet vertical height from the washing machine. This wouldn’t be a major concern for most Indian homes as the corporation and municipal water supply maintains 1 bar water pressure.
So, to conclude, if you have a large family, or have kids who heavily soil clothes or if you are particular about cloth care and conserving electricity and water, then opt for a front load washing machine.
If you are bachelor or a small family of 2-3 members and if your clothes don’t get heavily soiled, then a top load will be fairly good enough.
Automatic or Semi-Automatic
If you are planning to buy top load machine, then you have the option of automatic and semi-automatic machines.
Semi-automatic machines are wider in size as it has separate washer and dryer. After the wash cycle is completed, you will have to manually transfer the clothes to the dryer. Semi-automatic washing machines are pretty inexpensive with a price tag of Rs. 5 to 10k.
Automatic washing machines do not require you to transfer the clothes, but with certain models like Haier, you might have to add fabric softeners/ujala manually towards the end of the cycle.
Other Important Features You May Want To Consider-
Bosch has temperature setting from cold to up to 60 degree Celsius, whereas temperature of water in LG and IFB washing machines can be cranked up to 95 degree Celsius. This is useful if you have small babies at home or immunity compromised family members who need to have their clothes disinfected regularly.
Most top load machines do not have temperature control settings, but rather have two inlet pipes for hot and cold water.
Each family has their own way of washing clothes. In our family, we always wash bath towels and bed sheets in ridiculously hot water. So, LG washing machine was our first option. But if you are a busy family who often forgets to put all clothes in a go, then Bosch or IFB might be a better choice for you.
Families with working husband and wife will find machines with 24 hour time delay setting very useful.
If you live in a place with heavy monsoon, then Monsoon settings in IFB and Bosch, which removes odour of damp clothes and dries clothes better would be something that you need.
So, you might have to consider what are the features that you particularly need and the ones that you can compromise on, in order to choose an optimal solution within your budget.